Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Year In Review

Every year I do a year in review and it's my favorite post of the year. And this year has been one of the best years so it's an extra special review for us. 2015, I love you!
 
Here is our year in a blog post nutshell.
 
January
This year marked one of the snowiest winters we have ever had in Kentucky. This was our first real snow in our new home and I remember running outside in my pj's the first morning to take this photo. So glad I did.
 
View from our front porch. It was the most beautiful snow.
 
We went to a game at Rupp to watch the Cats beat Vandy and advance to 18-0 on the season.
 
We took a trip to West Chester to make an Ikea haul for furniture and textiles for our house. It was fun to do but we won't be going back for a long time!
 
February
Snowmaggedon continued. We had so many snow days I lost count. I chalked it up to a gift from God since I was very pregnant and tired and longing for fun days at home with my first born. They were blessings.
 
We finished furniture shopping for Jack's nursery and I was looking very large and in charge at this point.
 
We spent Valentine's Day together as a family of three. My two Valentines.
 
March
More snow. This was the record setting 18" snow that came in like a lion and out like a lamb. Since it was so late in the season we knew this one wouldn't last long. We savored it because who knows when we will see a winter like this again.
 
The snow melted, spring sprung and we prepared for Jack's arrival with a baby sprinkle. My mom hosted our close family and friends for a fun morning brunch to celebrate our baby boy on the way.
 
My belly grew larger and so did our hearts for this boy. Big sister Georgia couldn't wait to meet him!
 
Daddy and Georgia went on their first daddy daughter date. He met her at the front door with flowers. If she goes into her dating years looking for a boy that is like her father she will be just fine :)
 
When we bought our house in November 2014 we began remodeling projects on our house to make it our own. My favorite room in the house was completed and the heart of our home began the home tour series on the blog.
 
We finished Jack's nursery in the nick of time. Lots of white and baby blue for a simple and classic neutral nursery.
 
 
 
April
This month made our entire year.
 
First up was Easter. I was a week from my due date so we were on baby watch.
 
This was the Easter I kept envisioning in my head HA! But Jack waited and came the next Sunday instead :)
 
I turned 28 on the 7th and we celebrated with some Japanese cuisine. Georgia can't believe how YOUNG her mommy is :)
 
 
And then our worlds changed forever when Jack Porter Harrison made his grand entrance on the 12th. He was born on his due date at 1:28 pm weighing 8 lb 15 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. He had a head full of blonde hair and rolls for days. He was perfect in every way!
 
Big sister was the first one to meet baby Jack. From day one she has loved him in such a big way.
 
My heart has doubled in size!
 
A very special picture I will always cherish. He had a big brother too <3
 
Georgia Grace turned 2 1/2 on the 30th. Throughout the month she had lots of play dates and visitors to help take care of her. It was a great month for her!
 
May
 
Julia came to our home and took some newborn and family pictures for us.
 
Our first professional picture as a family of four <3
 
Heavenly and handsome
 
A gift from God. This picture was featured for a The Beaufort Bonnet Company advertisement.
 
We spent an afternoon on my grandparent's farm visiting the cows and picking strawberries.
 
Mother's Day and Jack's baby dedication. These two have my heart! Marcus gifted me a beautiful gold necklace with the baby's names on it that I wear daily. Jack loves it too and pulls on the necklace when I am rocking him to sleep. It is a treasured gift.
 
Dedicating our son to Jesus as we vow to bring him up in a Christian home and love him like God loved the church. Such a huge, humbling task that we have been entrusted with. I know being Georgia and Jack's mother is a direct gift from God.
  
June
We had a sip and see to welcome baby Jack and to open up our new home to friends and family who had not been able to see it yet.
 
The guest of honor enjoyed all of the attention!
 
They are the best of me
 
His first Father's Day with a daughter and son!
 
We attended VBS at our church and Georgia went to a class for the first time. She loved VBS week!!
 
I was a bridesmaid and Georgia was a flower girl in our cousin Payton's wedding. It was a beautiful day celebrating her and Elijah, we were honored to be a part of it!
 
We spent almost every day at the pool!
 
We also squeezed in a trip to the zoo this month with our best buddies Aunt Rachel and Roman.
 
July
The fourth of July with my all-American babes
 
We took a trip to the lake for some boating and swimming
 
 
 
 
We celebrated my ten year class reunion on the 11th. I crazily ran for class president my senior year and thus was responsible for coordinating the affair. Thank goodness for my VP Shira and our planning committee for helping make it such a fun night!
 
The three amigos. They made my high school days oh so fun! Love both of them like a sister.
  
Marcus turned 27th on the 30th and we went out for dinner to celebrate. He makes 27 look good!
 
August
Georgia officially started back to AKK preschool. She thrives at "school" and loves being with her friends and Ma, Grandmomma and Aunt Shanna :)
 
Daddy started his sixth year of teaching with a new job as the 5th grade Social Studies teacher at his school. He loves the new grade and subject area.
 
We continued with house projects and my long coveted laundry/mudroom cubbies were installed! These make me all kinds of happy.
 
We took Jack to his first football game! He loved the Friday night lights.
 
Georgia and I went to "dinner and a moo-vie" that has become an annual tradition for us. Such a fun night eating ice cream and watching Up under the stars.
 
September
We attended my sister's best friend Sophie's wedding during Labor Day weekend. We love our Soapie!
 
It was a gorgeous, spiritual wedding that I will always remember. Georgia loved the reception where she could run around like a wild indian :)
 
My best friend from college Beth came to town to visit us and it made my whole month! She is my soul sister. I have learned so much about friendship from her and no matter how many miles are between us, it will never be too far.
 
Jack took his first bites of. He has two feeders most of the time :)
 
October
The biggest month of the year for us always.
We took our first family vacation since Jack to Orange Beach for Fall Break.
 
I can't get enough of these two and the beach and coordinating sibling outfits!
 
It was the best week. Both babies traveled well and loved the beach.
Aunt Paige and Uncle Eric joined us and I was so thankful for two extra sets of hands!
 
He ate all the sand
 
My whole heart
 
We came back home and celebrated Georgia's third birthday with a cheerleader tailgate party!
 
Guests wore their favorite fan gear (95% UK blue) and we had tailgate food and an inflatable. It was a fun theme and Georgia had the best day!
 
We made a spurt of the moment trip to Lexington to catch a football game in Commonwealth
 
We celebrated NSLW in our schools and made it a fun event for our students to participate in.
 
The annual McKinney hayride was a lot of fun!
 
Our Georgia girl officially turned three on the 30th. She is 3 going on 13 most days :)
 
And then the next day we celebrated Halloween with our cheerleader and football.
 
Shew, I am tired just reliving those crazy October days.
 
November
Georgia was promoted from the nursery to the preschool class at church. She loves Sunday School and children's church. Her teachers tell us she is well behaved and a good listener and always participates in the lessons. We couldn't be more proud!
 
Thanksgiving with our little flock. They were saying "yum" to all the delicious food :)
 
We hosted Marcus's family for Thanksgiving for the second year. This is his favorite holiday and we
hold off on Christmas celebrations until after the turkey gobbles ha!
 
Jack's first Thanksgiving and a homemade Indian headdress
 
We had family pictures made with Marcus's family.
 
We took Georgia Grace to her first movie in a theater-The Peanuts Movie.

December

 
On December 1st we said goodbye to our Owen. He contracted the disease blastomycosis and it was too much for him to overcome. We were relieved there was no more suffering but heartbroken at the same time. He was so much more than a dog to us and he has taken a piece of our hearts with him. We miss him so much! Christmas was not the same without him here.

We also lost Aunt Georgia "Nell" in December. She is Marcus's great aunt and who our Georgia shares her name with. She is one of the sweetest, Godliest woman I knew and she is dearly missed.
 
Our home was featured in the Butler County Chapter DAR Christmas home tour.
  
We visited Santa and loved him!
 
Georgia Grace made her debut in her first live nativity scene :)
 
My little sister announced she is expecting! Just call me Aunt Kait! So very excited for this baby!!
 
And then Christmas. This picture tells such a story that I could never describe as well with words. I love it so much.
 
Jack's first and Georgia's fourth Christmases. They were two good boys and girls!
 

So that about does it for twenty fifteen. This #2015bestnine collage sums up our year perfectly. It was a year full of change, growth, life and love. I am ready for 2016 but 2015 will always be one of my favorites.
 
Happy New Year to all of you. Thanks for following along with my family's journey via my little blog. I hope it brings you happiness as it has to us over the past four years. See you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment