Wednesday, October 10, 2012

37 Weeks

I'm 37 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 37 Weeks
Size of baby: Georgia is around 6.3 lbs - about the size of a watermelon
Total Weight Gain: Gained 27 lbs (Whoa! I just might reach the goal weight gain of 35 lbs!)
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. I'm down to just a few things I can still fit into. ha!
Gender: It's a girl!!! Georgia Grace Harrison
Movement: She is still very active despite being so big and having very little room to move. I am thankful for this!
Sleep: I'm sleeping fair, I have a hard time getting comfortable but once I do I sleep soundly. Pillows help.
Cravings: None to speak of, I get full fast these days. I'm trying to drink a lot of my calories-chocolate milk, cranberry juice, lemonade.
Symptoms: I'm starting to feel some pressure which is probably due to her starting to drop, some abdominal pain (I'll explain that below), reflux 
Best Moment this week: thankful to be full term!! That is a HUGE praise! 

So we had a little scare this week that I thought I would mention to remind myself of the lesson learned. Monday afternoon my mom, mamaw, and myself did some deep cleaning of the house. I was careful to not overdo it but before I went to bed I hung some blinds and cleaned some walls and baseboards which I shouldn't have done. I woke up at 4:30 to a persistent, intense pain in my right side. When I later woke up to my alarm, the pain had moved to my belly button area. I was pretty concerned at this point. I knew I wasn't having contractions but I thought it could be appendicitis or who knows what. I called my doctor and he had me to come in and I was hooked up to the monitor. Everything was perfectly fine! Her heartbeat was great, she was moving good, no contractions--I can't tell you the relief I felt! They told me I probably tore a ligament when I was cleaning which caused the pain. I took some tylenol and the pain went away and I feel so much better today. I assure you I will be taking it easy from here on out. Praise God for protecting me and my baby!

I went to my weekly doctor's appointment Monday and I am 1/2 cm dilated and my cervix is soft! I know this really doesn't mean anything because some women walk around 2-3 cm dilated for weeks but it is exciting to know my body is preparing for delivery!

The nursery is very close to being complete and I hope I can post pics by this time next week (that is my goal)! I am finishing up packing mine and her bags tonight! I can't believe I only have a few weeks left!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment