Wednesday, October 24, 2012

39 Weeks and Still Waiting!

[I think I am starting to look different. Several people have told me my lips have gotten bigger and Marcus thought my nose looked more spread out yesterday. We have always heard when your nose spreads that means delivery is near?!? Oh and yes I am in houseshoes- I want this blog to be REAL and that is the first thing I put on when I walk in the door! Comfort is of the utmost importance these days :)]

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 39 Weeks
Size of baby: Georgia is around 7.25 lbs and about 20 in long! The size of a mini-watermelon
Total Weight Gain: Gained 28 lbs (my weight stayed the same this week)
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. I'm down to just a few things I can still fit into-seriously!
Gender: It's a girl!!! Georgia Grace Harrison
Movement: She is still moving plenty but it's not as prominent as it once was. I'm sure sweet girl is running out of room!
Sleep: Could be better. I view it as preparing me for the months to come ha!
Cravings: Pizza, Fruit Gushers and I want a Diet Mountain Dew SO bad. I will probably request one first thing after delivery :)
Symptoms: back pain, heartburn, peeing all day everyday!  
Best Moment this week: our doctor telling us that I am progressing, that she is healthy and we are close to meeting our daughter!

So I went to the doctor yesterday and I am 50% effaced and 1 cm! I am excited that I am progressing and that my body is preparing for labor. This may be TMI for some of you but the doctor was actually able to feel her head when he checked me! My next appointment is Tuesday October 30th IF I make it until then. There is a full moon Monday October 29th, maybe Georgia Grace will decide to surprise us a little early!!

 I still feel good and I am just happy to be able to carry her to full-term. I have felt mild contractions on and off this week but nothing major. I plan on working up until I have her unless my doctor recommends otherwise. He thinks it is best to stay busy and moving to promote an easier delivery and recovery. If she makes her arrival next week, I plan on taking 10 weeks for maternity leave and returning back to work on January 7th. Ten weeks at home with my baby will be so amazing! Plus I will be home for the holidays which is a time when I always envy SAHMs because they have more time to bake, decorate, wrap, etc. so I will get to thoroughly enjoy all of that this year! Can you tell I am a little bit excited? :)

 Uncle Jake and Aunt Shanna are back from their beach honeymoon and I had to share the souveneir they brought home for Georgia! Isn't that darling? I love anything with a ruffle. I can't wait to see her in this frock!

It won't be long now. The curiosity of when she will arrive is getting the best of me. I have to admit I am such the planner that it is hard to just sit back and wait and not be in control ha! But I'm learning and enjoying these last few/several days. I know God is in control and He will see us through and she will arrive at the perfect time!

No comments:

Post a Comment