Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Dress

I am pretty limited on the things I can do physically so I have been able to devote more time to my sewing machine. I found a Thanksgiving dress I wanted to make Georgia a few months back so I thought now would be a good time to do it.

It is a simple pillowcase dress and it wasn't hard to make. I plan on making more in the future because they are so easy and adorable! 

Of course there are always a few things I would change once I am finished with a project.
 I should have made it a little longer because I wanted her to have it as a dress this year and then she could wear it as a shirt this year. Well, depending on how big she is it might be a shirt this year ha! Which would be cute too with matching bloomers!

I really like the ribbon! I think it added a nice touch and is perfect for fall.

Here's the finished dress! I used scrap fabric to make the turkey. I think he turned out pretty cute! I will probably pair it with a matching turtleneck/onesie and cute tights. I can't wait to see her in it!

We had a big weekend knocking out some final projects. My dad, papaw, and friend Chris put crown molding in the nursery Saturday morning. It looks great and makes the room look finished. My FIL repaired our tub-YAY! Marcus is currently giving Owen a haircut, bath, and flea treatment. He will be ready to meet Georgia Grace after tonight!

We are just 9 days from our due date---9 days. Unbelievable. This pregnancy has flown by! I am starting to get anxious about the days ahead and how everything will happen. I have been praying for God to relieve my anxiety and allow us a healthy and safe delivery of a healthy baby girl. I pray that He gives me strength to withstand all the challenges of labor and that Marcus is the "coach" that I need during those hours. I pray that my doctor and nurses will provide the care that myself and baby girl need. Our whole world is about to change in the blink of an eye. This miracle we have created is almost here and it is all because of Him!
"Everytime I think of you, I thank my God". Phillipians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment