Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Breakers-Daddy & Georgia

This week is one of those times that I really envy my husband's profession. I love my job and I know God did not call me to be a teacher but darn it I want a spring break too ha! Georgia Grace and daddy have had a wonderful week thus far. He tweeted this the other day and my mommy heart melted:

 
There was a "daddy's girl" jab but I didn't care. :)

We love to travel and in the past we have used this week for vacations and to celebrate my birthday but we decided to just enjoy the "break" at home instead. I will be home Friday so I am looking forward to a mini spring break myself.

And what better way to enjoy spring break but cruising in a Jeep?!? Marcus pulled this out of our building Monday and Georgia has taken to it like a fish to water. She loves to honk the horn, spin the mirror, and it has wheels so she is even able to move it back and forth on our hardwoods.

Of course this brings back the memory of my papaw buying her this Jeep last July. This will always be a special memory for me. I wouldn't wish him back to this earth because I know he is rejoicing in Heaven but I would love just one afternoon to be with him and let him hold Georgia and watch her ride! I had a flat tire this week and as I was making arrangements to get it fixed I thought, "Papaw would have taken care of this for me". He has left such a footprint on all of our lives. I'm so thankful God chose me to be his granddaughter!
 
Today daddy and Georgia came to visit me at work!! I was so excited about our lunchdate and getting to show her off to my colleagues who have been anxious to meet her. I was proud of Marcus-he fed her, bathed her, dressed her, took care of Owen, and got himself ready so they could come see me. He really is the best-sorry to the rest of you that he is mine! :)

And I leave you with this-my daughter's first selfie! Aunt Shanna found this on her phone this week after she had gave Georgia her phone to play with. She's even giving the pouty duck face ha (we will have to have a talk about that)! They grow up so fast. This event led to the family discussion on when Georgia Grace will get her first cell phone and we decided that by then we probably won't have cell phones. We couldn't decide what would replace them but we agreed cell phones would me a thing of the past. We will see if we were right!

Happy Hump Day, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment