Monday, May 6, 2013

Derby Days

The most exciting two minutes in sports was this weekend and although we weren't at Derby, we still had fun celebrating at our old Kentucky home. Marcus fixed some burgoo and some mint juleps for our family. He also had a Derby party for his students on Friday which is a tradition that he has started. The girls get to wear big fancy hats and the boys can dress up in their "Sunday best"! The kids have a ball.

I couldn't wait for Georgia Grace to wear her horse cardigan that I bought while I was pregnant. It was a little big so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she can wear it as a 3/4 sleeve sweater next year ha! It was rainy and cold Sunday (yeah, we are totally and completely ready for true spring weather...ugh) so she got to wear her card again Sunday over her dress. I really wish they had one in my size! That's how much I love it.

And Georgia got a new toy this weekend! Her Great-Granddad Larry made her this bottle spinner contraption that is modeled after one that he made for her daddy 24 years ago. She liked spinning it and beating it with her hand. You will notice in the background there is a Diet Mountain Dew option if she gets tired of the RC :)
Sweet baby Marcus playing with his bottle toy.

And a big happy birthday to Great-Granddad today!!
We have a full week of Bible Study, 6 month well baby check-up (absolute dread), and hopefully a visit to MES for GGH to meet Marcus' students!  

No comments:

Post a Comment