Friday, May 17, 2013

Just A List

1. We are moving right along with project: baby food. So far we have introduced sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and bananas with good acceptance (and no allergies) to all. I can say that I think she still prefers her milk over her food. She will eat it but usually doesn't finish the whole serving and gets easily distracted. So far I have bought her baby food (I happened upon a deal at Rite Aid where they paid me to take it from their store!) but once my stores run out I plan on making her food. If you remember I tried making her first batch and it was an epic mommy fail so I'm easing myself back into it. Lesson #53278590 learned! :)

2. Two evenings this week we have taken strolls and can I tell you how happy I am spring has finally arrived? A little sunshine makes any day a little brighter.

3. Georgia had her first ride on the Harley last night! Marcus' dad is a diehard Harley Davidson man so it was only appropriate that we broke Georgia in at an early age. Oh, how I will loathe the day she starts asking to ride it!

4. Yesterday Georgia and I had a girls day out shopping for beach items, accessories for her 6 month portraits, and groceries of course. Georgia slept through Walmart and Aldi-can you blame her? She was a good shopping buddy. She did get mad at me once because she didn't want to get back in her carseat to leave the store. She threw a "mini-fit" you could say. I just had to laugh about it. I'm sure this won't be the last mini-fit she throws. And I bet they all won't be minis ha!

5. We met Paige and my mamaw at CFA for lunch yesterday. The first of many trips to CFA for GGH I'm sure. She is such a big girl now sitting in highchairs at restaurants.

6. Marcus' last day of school is next Thursday. This school year seemed about a minute long. It's crazy how fast time moves these days. He is looking forward to his summer at home with our baby and mommy has no idea how she will get up and leave them in the mornings.

It looks like this weekend will provide an opportunity to give the house a good spring cleaning/organizing. I don't like to clean but I like to BIG clean if that makes any sense. It must be the feeling of accomplishment you receive after tackling that busting-at-the-seams cabinet or finally finding a place for all those rolls of wrapping paper. I'm actually kind of excited about it. We will see if I'm singing the same song this time tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment