Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Do You Hear What I Hear?

We took Georgia Grace to her follow-up appointment with the ENT yesterday. She has done remarkably well since her surgery and I was looking forward to this checkup so we could receive affirmation that everything was perfect.

Of course they had to take a look at her ears and baby girl just really hates that. Don't you wish there was a way to communicate to babies that things like that doesn't hurt? I do. 

Once she realized that was all of the invasive part she was fine. She likes to add a little drama to our lives :) They did a hearing test where she went into a small room (daddy held her) and different sounds were used to see if she would show a response. She passed with flying colors! We can tell her hearing has improved since the procedure due to the fact that the vacuum that she once didn't pay much attention to now spooks her. 

We checked out with a clean bill of health and orders to follow-up in a year unless we have issues before then. I'm so thankful for our healthy baby with new and improved ears!

In other exciting news, we received our information packet for Fitsum in the mail! We are going to write him a letter and send him a soccer ball to welcome him into our family :) I cannot wait to receive a letter back from him. I have already been blessed immensely from this journey that we embarked on just less than a week ago. I can only imagine the grace that is coming.

And if we are friends on Instagram or Facebook you have probably already seen this video but I couldn't leave it off the blog because I love it so much. She LOVES strolling her babies. Such the little mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that picture of Georgia Grace is just pitiful but I am so glad ya'll recieved good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't though! She doesn't lack expression :) Gotta remember the good and the bad!

      Delete