Friday, February 28, 2014

Week Recap

I feel like I blinked and this week and the month of February was gone. We've had a good week of just doing normal things. We are still at our grandparent's house until our house is fully repaired which is on the agenda for this weekend. We decided while we were vacating the house to go ahead and do a remodeling project that needed to be done before we decide to put it on the market. That has delayed the move back home but we felt it was better to do it now than later. This is a big and exciting step towards the next chapter for my little family!

Thursday morning I got to play with little miss driver and her AKK friends. I was amazed at how well she played with the 2-5 year olds and participated in all the activities. She sure thinks those kids hung the moon and stars. I think she was aggravated about the morning commute in this picture :)

Thursday night we went to Rupp to watch the Cats play Arkansas. It had the potential to be an epic game but ended in disappointment. It's a hard year to be a Kentucky fan (per Kentucky standards) but I wouldn't want to cheer for any other team.

#ruppselfie
We had great seats on the top row of the lower section. Even though we weren't victorious I still enjoyed a night out with my Kentucky boy. Trips that are planned on a complete whim are the best!

Friday night we went to the 12th District Championship game. The tournament was in our town this year so we had to go give our support. Georgia Grace did a lot of clapping and bleacher wallering.


The Bears won! Back to back district champions and a trip to the Region 3 tournament as a #1 seed. It was an exciting game with a huge crowd. I'm proud of the tradition that's being established in our school system.

And just a little peek at what exactly we will be doing this weekend. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Happy Weekend! I'm off to catch some zzzzs before my alarm clock goes off way too early for a Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Georgia Grace "driving!" Kennedy loves her pink car too!
    In 2012, when I was about 6 weeks pregnant with Kennedy we were in Kentucky visiting my family when the Wildcats were in the National Championship. It was CRAZY, everywhere you went, you saw blue! The tiny town my grandfather lives in basically shut down the night of the game because everyone was watching. Fun memories watching that game! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Cozy Coupes are my favorite! Oh yes, sounds like you got a true taste of what the Bluegrass state is like in March :) Unfortunately that probably won't be the case this year.

      Delete