Monday, August 20, 2012

Sewing Projects

I have told myself for the past couple of years that I wanted to learn to sew. When we found out we were expecting this winter, I decided then it was time to stop talking and start acting. I started out very simple with basic hemming and  hand stitching. I just recently starting taking on bigger projects.

One of my most recent projects is making a boppy cover. I was in need of one for my boppy pillow and I just couldn't find anything in the stores to suit me so I bought some fabric and thought I would give it a try.

Hubby is such a big help when I sew ha!

Here is the first one that I made (back side). It isn't perfect but it serves its purpose and still looks pretty cute. I may add her monogram to it-can't decide.

Since I had success with my first one, I decided to make a few more. This one is for Sara's baby boy Abbott. These are some of his nursery colors. I had some issues with this one but I am happy with the end result!

I think I am going to make another one for Georgia with this fabric I bought last week. I love all the bright colors in this print!

My Mamaw Embry was hoping that one of her granddaughters would carry on her sewing tradition. Now we just need one of the others to learn her skills in the kitchen ha! Marcus wishes that was me!

No comments:

Post a Comment