Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY Shower Dress

Several people have asked me about the dress I wore to the shower and yes, I made it! I had been shopping for a dress to wear to the shower and decided to look for ideas on pinterest. I found a tutorial for a DIY maternity dress. It didn't look too difficult so I thought I would give it a shot!

I took these pictures with my iPhone so they aren't the best. This was the top piece that I covered in lace. I found this fabric for I think $1/yd at Walmart-can't beat that!

I sewed on each flower individually. That was probably the most time consuming part.

The lace flowers and the sash were actually from a curtain! I found the curtain for $2 at a consignment store in my hometown. It served the purpose beautifully.

This is right before I sewed both pieces together. The dress looks huge because I had not used the elastic thread on the back yet.

The finished product!

It turned out to be the dress that I was looking for that I couldn't find in the stores. I have plenty of room to grow in it so I can wear it until the end. I joked with people that said I was a seamstress that we better make sure it doesn't fall off at the shower ;)

Thank you all for the sweet comments on the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment