Friday, August 17, 2012

Storm Damage


We had storms pass through our area Thursday night which resulted in us losing about 1/4 of our tree in the front yard. THANKFULLY the tree fell away from the house. We were sitting in the living room when the storm hit and we heard the cracking sound. We ran to the bedroom and after it was safe we saw that some of our tree fell! It could have been so much worse. I thank God for watching over us and for protection!

I am working on some of the final details of the nursery this week and wanted to share an early gift from my friend Sara! She had made something like this for her home but it was the state of Kentucky and had our hometown on it, so she made one for me of the state of Georgia! I love how it turned out! I found the old frame for a $1 at a local consignment store--I debated on painting it white but I think I will keep it wood to match all of her furniture. I'm thinking about adding a cute ribbon or rope and hanging it on a repurposed knob. Finished product coming soon!

Marcus went to the high school football game tonight (which they won-Go Bears!) and I decided to stay in and rest. Dad and Dianne had me over and fixed a big meal. Tomorrow morning we have a childbirth class! Hubby is thrilled about it ha! Hopefully I won't have embarrassing stories to post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment