Thursday, August 30, 2012

31 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of baby: Georgia is the size of 4 navel oranges
Total Weight Gain: Gained 17 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. I'm preferring to wear dresses and elastic waist skirts at this point.
Gender: It's a girl!!! Georgia Grace Harrison
Movement: We are doing a nightly kick count and she is supposed to kick at least 6-10 times every hour. She has been reaching 10 kicks usually within 10-15 minutes ha!
Sleep: Better! I think I am so exhausted by the end of the day I just collapse.
Cravings: I am really drawn to italian food-pizza, lasagna, breadsticks. Still like my nightly glass of chocolate milk!
Symptoms: I think I started feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions this week! Mild lower back pain and tiredness.
Best Moment this week: Her baby shower!!

This week has been a lot of fun getting all of our shower gifts sorted and put away! It is still a work in progress but I know I have time so I am not rushing it. Our little starter home is going to be busting at the seams when we become a family of four (Owen included-he takes up a lot of space)!

My cousin Michelle aka Shelky that lives in Tennessee wanted to come to the shower SO bad but could not make it up to Kentucky last weekend. So when I got home yesterday our gift from her was waiting at my doorstep!

I cried when I read the scripture because it couldn't be more true. Before we ever started trying to have children, we prayed that God would provide in His time and through His will. Thankfully He blessed us very quickly and we owe Him all the praise!!! His timing is ALWAYS perfect. Oh, and the bloomers are just too much! Can't wait to see her little toosh in them ;)

And this gift was her first piece of mail! How sweet!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him" 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment