Monday, August 13, 2012

Odds and Ends

Wow! As of today I have had over 1,000 blog visits since I started blogging in the middle of July--thank you everyone! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy posting. I plan to continue blogging once baby girl gets here because I know I will have plenty to blog about then :)

Besides documenting all of our memories throughout the year, my other goal for this blog is to share my Christian faith. In Sunday School yesterday we discussed the topic of grieving. We talked about how easy it is to grieve about all of the tragic situations that surround us. And then we discussed grievance for the lost community and how we do not take that as seriously as we should. We should definitely grieve when tragedy strikes. But we often fall short as Christians when we put less value on a person's salvation. With that being said, I wanted to use this as an opportunity to anyone out there who is lost or just looking for a church home to come worship with us at Aberdeen Baptist Church. Or if you just need a fellow Christian to talk to,  you can contact me through this blog anytime. I am no bible scholar but I know Jesus as my personal Savior and I would love to share the good news with anyone else out there that needs to hear it. :)

Changing gears--here's a funny on Owen. He loves when school is in session because he likes to sit on the back of our loveseat and watch the traffic and kids walking to school. He has become quite notorious for sitting in the window. We have even had AKK kids have to drive by twice if they didn't see him the first time HA! He used to sit on the couch with his whole body on the back of the sofa. Well, over time we assume he has wore down the cushion and it doesn't support him like it used to.

Here is how he use to lay! So funny! Not spoiled at all.

When I got home from work today I was greeted with this nice surprise! This was MY highchair twenty-five years ago! Once my sister and I were finished using it my parents gave it to my grandparents to use at their house for the grandkids.


It is still in very good condition considering how many kids it has been through and how hard we were on it ha! I am going to make a new cover for it and it will be good as new! I love hand-me-downs like this and making old new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment