Friday, December 5, 2014

21 & 22 Weeks & Week Recap

21 weeks
(Her first time wanting to be in a bump picture!)


Pregnancy Update:
How Far Along: 21/22 Weeks
Size of baby: baby is the size of an orange
Total Weight Gain: Gained 3 pounds, I guess it's all going to pile on at the end!
Maternity Clothes: I'm making fleece-lined leggings work with everything. My staple outfit right now is leggings, a flowy top/blouse and a vest or cardigan. Also loving my new belted cowl neck sweater!
Gender: It's a boy!!! We are so excited we will have one of each now!
Movement: he's very much making his presence known these days. Lots of flutters and kicks!
Sleep: I'm sleeping like a rock and could sleep 24/7 if I allowed myself ha!
Cravings: Salty and hearty! I want steak, beef jerky, peanut butter, soups. And then a bowl of chocolate ice cream before bed! 
Symptoms/Sickness: feeling really great right now. My energy is back and I eat all day long so what's not to love right now? :)
Best Moment this week: A great report at my OB-GYN.

I had my 20 week doctor's appointment last week where everything looked great. I had a nose bleed and headache that morning so I wondered about BP issues but it was 98/58 (normal for me). His HR was a strong 150. It was a quick checkup with no big events but I'm thankful for the reassurance I'm growing a healthy, perfect baby!

Finalizing the name is our priority this week. I'm ready to start ordering personalized things for him! Georgia Grace wants to name him "sister". Clearly she's not accepted his gender yet ha!

Everything is calm and cool on the baby front. We are just so thankful we get the chance to experience this all over again. There's nothing like the joy of motherhood!

And a few highlights from the week-

Tuesday night we had the annual Christmas dinner for the school nutrition department. This is my first year as Director so this was a whole new experience for me and it was so much fun. The ladies surprised me (& Georgia Grace) with such thoughtful gifts and sister had the best time meeting everyone and being the ham she is. It was a wonderful night!


I hit up Target this week for odds and ends and hit the jackpot! Rugs for my kitchen and back hallway, a new stocking for Owen (he was due an upgrade), a table for the entry and a storage unit for the playroom! My favorite find of all is the Christmas snowglobe for brother bear's room. This is the first piece I've bought ha! I couldn't pass it up.

And I'm home today with my girl. We kept her home from preschool today due to getting sick through the night. Hope it's just a 24 hour bug but I'm enjoying the extra snuggles while they're so easy to get :)

Happy weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment