Monday, December 15, 2014

A Little Bit Of Everything (+ 23 weeks)

Even though my blogging has slacked this week I have two good things to report that will hopefully result in more regular blogging in the future.
1. We have internet!!!
2. We are all well (saying this very cautiously)!
 
Marcus and I both came down with the stomach virus on Tuesday night and it was a doozy. He recovered in about 24 hours and was back to work but I wasn't so lucky. I don't ever remember really being sick when I was pregnant with Georgia Grace so this was all new to me and let me tell you it's a whole different ballgame. I'm thankful for everybody that helped us this week whether it be bringing us supplies or keeping GGH away from the sickies. We are so glad to be on the other side now.
 
Monday night I had the Facebook sale of some of Georgia Grace's clothes. Everything sold (most in about 5 minutes!!) and I've already got everything delivered and paid for. Gosh that was so much easier than a yardsale. I will do another one in the spring before baby boy's arrival!
One morning when I was laying in bed feeling like crud I received this picture that brightened my day like nothing else could! The orange singing angel on the nativity wall at AKK preschool :) She loves to sing, especially about Jesus. God knows when we need little pick me ups just like this.
 
23 Weeks
This was the way I looked this week so why try to paint a picture otherwise?! HA!
 
Pregnancy Update:
How Far Along: 23 Weeks
Size of baby: baby is the size of an jicama (like a papaya)
Total Weight Gain: Gained 3 pounds, I guess it's all going to pile on at the end!
Maternity Clothes: I'm making fleece-lined leggings work with everything. My staple outfit right now is leggings, a flowy top/blouse and a vest or cardigan. I've avoided purchasing new maternity clothes up until this point but I think it's time to make a little investment.
Gender: It's a boy!!! We are so excited we will have one of each now! And we have a name but that deserves a post all on its own so tune in tomorrow (or just check social media ha!)
Movement: He moved a lot this week through the stomach virus epidemic, bless his sweet little heart
Sleep: I'm sleeping like a rock and could sleep 24/7 if I allowed myself ha!
Cravings: No real cravings this week as I haven't had much of an appetite but it's coming back
Symptoms/Sickness: Heartburn. Oh boy the heartburn. I became slightly dehydrated this week with the sickness so I am making a conscious effort to drink, drink, drink.
Best Moment this week: Feeling healthy again and getting out of my pajamas on Sunday!
 
We introduced this girl to new foods and drink through the stomach virus epidemic and now she loves "alligator"! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
 
I took this picture of her Saturday night after we went to visit Gammy and Gran Stan and yesterday afternoon she started laying blankets in her bedroom floor and telling Owen "Come here and get your 'pit-shur' made" HA!
 
Sunday was our church Christmas cantata which is my favorite service of the year. I looked over when we were praying and saw this and my heart melted. She normally stays in the nursery during church but I thought she would enjoy all the music and she did. It was SO good this year!
 
Sunday afternoon we went to watch my little cousin sing in his high school choir Christmas concert. He's a freshman so this is his first year and we are proud of him (front row, last boy to the right)!
 
I tried to get a picture of her in her adorable Christmas bonnet and coordinating outfit but it just didn't happen. We'll probably wear it again this week either to see Santa or caroling so we will try again. It's maybe my favorite outfit ever!
 
And that's a wrap for the second week of December. More sickness and less savoring the season than we would have liked but I'm just thankful we are healthy again and can enjoy the rest of the season (hopefully)!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, stomach viruses while pregnant are the worst! I got one when I was about 36 weeks with Kennedy and it was awful. Bless your heart. Glad you are feeling better! Can't wait to hear the name!

    ReplyDelete